Instagram

Friday, September 2, 2016

Proposal Accepted: July 25, 2016

At the end of July I actually presented my dissertation proposal to my committee of three counseling faculty and my husband. It was a boring 2 hour long proposal, which I will amend greatly during my defense, but I got done....and approved! 

My next step should've been working on the IRB, but my job started up again. Everyone knows how difficult it is for a School Counselor and Teacher at the beginning of a new school year. Adding the stress of a looming IRB deadline was a bit much, so I focused on getting the school year off to a good start. Now it's September and time to crack down on the IRB. I was at lease able to check two more items off the list!

Happening this week: ordering my Official TTU ring!


Dissertation Completion List

  1. Present dissertation proposal to committee at Texas Tech University
  2. Complete final edits by my committee and submit final proposal draft
  3. Complete CITI research training
  4. Get initial permission from LISD to conduct study at LISD campuses
  5. Submit study to IRB
  6. Get final permission to conduct study at LISD campuses
  7. Send study invitation to Principals in Lubbock ISD
  8. Schedule intervention module sessions at 6 LISD campuses
  9. Recruit participants at staff meetings after school 
  10. Collect consent and pretest information
  11. Separate participants into control and treatment groups
  12. Invite treatment participants to treatment sessions and complete posttest
  13. Send posttest information to control group participants
  14. Analyze data using MANCOVA
  15. Write up Chapters 4 (Results) and Chapter 5 (Discussion)
  16. Schedule final dissertation defense
  17. Graduate Spring 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment